Dental Laboratory Equipment Technician is a laboratory for dental vocational trade. The duration of the course is two years with four semesters. Students are introduced to topics like full dentures for patients who are missing all of their teeth; removable partial dentures or fixed bridges for patients who are missing only one or a few teeth; crowns, which are caps for teeth that are designed to restore their original size and shape; veneers that enhance the aesthetics and function of the patient; orthodontic appliances and splints to help straighten and protect teeth. The trade is an important and job offering in character. Students can also go for further higher Diploma and Bachelor Degree courses.
- Candidates should possess creativity skills as they require the skill and touch of an artist along with creativity as they have to make prostheses.
- They should have good communication and interpersonal skills which are necessary in dealing with different natured person.
- They should also be able to work independently as they have to perform much of their work without close supervision.
Eligibility & Admissions
- Passed 10th Class Examination under 10+2 System of Education.
- Performa for admission may be obtained from the respective State Directorate dealing with Craftsmen Training Scheme or from the Principals of the concerned Industrial Training Institutes/ centers conducting training programme under
2 years full time (4-semester)
- Diploma in Dental Lab Technician.
- Diploma in Dental Mechanics.
- Diploma in Dental Technician (D.D.T).
- After passing the trade students with higher study hope and good academic records can go for further studies.
- They have good jobs opportunities in commercial dental laboratories as they hire so many fresher for it.
- They can also find jobs in dental schools, hospitals and companies that manufacture dental prosthetic materials.
Dental Equipment Laboratory Technician Trade Job Types
- Dental Receptionist.
- Technical Service Representative.
- Dental Technician.
- Laboratory Cleaner.
- Dental Laboratory Assistant.